Spirit Guides Meditation
In this post we learn how to contact your spirit guides using a spirit guides meditation. It’s probably easier than you think.
Ask Them And They Will Help
What are spirit guides?
Most of us have heard of guardian angels, but what about spirit guides?
A spirit guide is a non-physical entity that is usually assigned to you, or that you’ve chosen before you were born. Just as we have a guardian angel, we each have one or more spirit guides who watch over us and offer us guidance and support throughout our lives. Sometimes we’ll get a new spirit guide appearing for us at specific times, and then they might leave again when they’ve done what we need them to. We’ve written more specifically about spirit guides in our Introduction To Spirit Guides post here.
What is a spirit guide meditation?
A spirit guide meditation is a practice that allows you to connect with your spirit guides. You can do this through visualization or by asking your guides to come forward and communicate with you.
But why would you want to meditate with your spirit guides? There are many reasons why you might want to connect with your spirit guides. Perhaps you’re facing a difficult situation and you need some guidance on how to handle it. Or maybe you want to connect with your guides for protection or for healing. Maybe you’re just curious about who your guides are and what they have to say!
How to meditate with your spirit guides in 9 steps
There are many ways to meditate with your spirit guides. One way is to simply sit or lie down in a comfortable position, close your eyes, and visualize your guides coming forward to meet you. If you’re still not sure how to meditate with your spirit guides, don’t worry – it’s actually quite simple. Just follow these 9 steps:
- You’ll need to find a quiet place where you won’t be disturbed. This could be in your bedroom, in a park, or anywhere else that feels peaceful to you. It’s important that you ensure you are safe and cannot be disturbed though, as you will need to be able to relax properly.
- Sit or lie down in a comfortable position. You need to be comfortable, but not too comfortable that you might fall asleep. Though if you do fall asleep, so long as you chose somewhere safe from point 1 above, it won’t matter. It’ll just be a restful sleep instead of a proper meditation.
- Close your eyes and take a few deep breaths. Concentrate on your breathing for a while. Breathe deeply and use your abdomen as well as your chest. Some people like to breathe in through their mouths and out through their nose while they do this, but it’s up to you.
- As you breathe out, visualize a white light surrounding you. This light is cleansing and protective. You can visualize this light as a form of spiritual cloak if you like, keeping out negative energies and letting only goodness and light energies in.
- Now, ask your spirit guides to come forward. You can do this out loud or in your head – though if you’re in the park you might get some strange looks if you do it out loud.
- Try to visualize them standing in front of you. They may take on the form of animals, humans, or even symbols. This sounds tricky (and sounds a little bit fake) when written down, because by visualising them you’re perhaps making them look like you want them to look. If you can’t discern their shape fully then don’t try too hard. Accept whatever it is that you can see – with practise and time you may visualise them more clearly. Or you might not, that’s between you and them.
- Take some time to chat with them. Ask them questions, and listen to their advice. When you chat with them, you’ll probably hear your own voice in your head asking them questions. You might not specifically hear their responses – you might only getting a feeling for what it is they want to say. It’s possible that you might get an idea pop into your head, seemingly out of nowhere. Or you might get a particular smell, or memory re-surface. Your spirit guides meditation will give you answers in many different ways and each one is unique.
- When you’re finished, make sure you thank your guides for their time and guidance. Gratitude is especially important in this process, like many other spiritual encounters. It’s vital that you’re always thankful for everything that you’ve been given, including guidance.
- Open your eyes and take a few deep breaths. You may potentially visualise yourself ‘closing down’ by pulling that white light closer into yourself than it was earlier. You could conclude your session with specific words or actions. Often something simple like ‘It is done’ is all that you need to do to shut the door to spiritual energies.
That’s all there is to it! By following these steps, you can easily meditate with your spirit guides.
When Should I Meditate With My Spirit Guides?
There is no one answer to the question of when to have a spirit guides meditation. It will depend on a number of factors, not least of which will be whether you have any questions you want to ask your guides, and how much time you have available where you won’t be disturbed.
So, the best time to meditate is when you can set aside some uninterrupted time for yourself, when you will not be interrupted by phone calls, doorbells, or other distractions.
If you’re meditating for calming reasons (as opposed to asking questions of your spirit guides) then if you can, meditate at the same time each day. If you are new to meditation, start with 10-15 minutes a day. You can gradually increase the length of time you meditate as you become more comfortable with the practice.
If you’re meditating to have a relationship with your spirit guides, or to ask them for help, then you can do this at any time of the day when you feel the need. Indeed, sometimes, it’s enough just to ask them the question in your head without any formal meditation effort. You may be surprised when you get the answer.
Many people like to ask their spirit guides questions before they sleep, so the meditation often occurs while they’re in bed just before they go sleep. For some people, this is a nice nighttime ritual that helps them sleep more easily – and gives them the answers they seek during the night.
Can I Use Music to Help My Spirit Guides Meditation
You can absolutely use music to help you with your spirit guides meditation – many people do. There’s lots of calming music around for helping you with this and we’ve written an article specifically on Spirit Guides and Music which goes into much more depth than this post.
If you’re not sure if you can visualise things for yourself without assistance, you can use a guided meditation video or audio track to help you. You can search for guided meditations to help meet your spirit guides on YouTube for example. One such guided meditation is shown below. This one is quite long though so you might want to find something shorter for your first try.
You can meditate with your spirit guides quite easily – and whenever and where-ever you want to. Sometimes you might want to be quite formal about it, with a guided meditation specifically designed to help you speak to your guides. At other times you may just need a quick question answered.
Meditation isn’t difficult and it has a lot of benefits – especially a spirit guides meditation because your spirit guides are here to help you. Meditation can help you relax and can give you answers to questions you wouldn’t easily be able to get otherwise. And asking your spirit guides to do things for you, or to help you with questions is perfectly acceptable. If your spirit guides don’t want to (and they might not, for a variety of reasons) then they won’t. They’ll probably explain why too and give you alternatives you could do instead, or ask instead.
Your spirit guides are always with you and reaching them is relatively easy. But always remember to be grateful for their presence, assistance and guidance. If you’re genuinely grateful for their assistance you’ll get more of it. So don’t take it for granted or abuse it, as your spirit guides could withdraw their help.
We hope you’ve found this post helpful. If you have, please feel free to share it with your friends using the buttons below. If you have any feedback, or questions please leave us a comment below using the form.
Thank you for reading and all the best with your spirit guides meditation.